connection problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gizmolabob

I am trying to share a cable internet connection between 2 computers both running XP. I can't get a connection on the 2nd computer. I am using a Linksys Workgroup Switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It is probably the firewall acting like a firewall and you have to get it to accept the conection to work.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The problem is that you have a cable modem that will allow one DHCP address, and you're trying to get two addresses from it. Buy a broadband router and you'll have much better success.

Second, please don't start multiple threads on the same issue. You have a similar thread running in Networking, so I'm going to close this one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online