1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joe98, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe98

joe98 Thread Starter

hey all, im hoping to get some help cause I am in absolute shambles here. I am having a problem connecting to any type of server. List of things I cannot connect to are:

2 online poker programs
    Antivirus Live Updates
    Email (Outlook Express)
    FTP Account
    Mirc Chat
    Adware Live Updates
    MSN Messenger

All these will not establish a connection, or pretty much anything that requires connection to a server. but the thing that is freaking me out is I have no trouble connecting to the internet and these things were working fine today!! Can someone please help me with this?

Im going to run a virus scan now to see if it finds anything.

Any Help at all is much appreciated

Thank You

Joe

2. TheLord

TheLord

contact ur ISP to check if everything is fine from their side.. if u are able to browse but u cannot connect to any of those servers, it might be from your ISP's DNS server.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice