Connection Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MBchrono

After a fresh format with Windows XP, and a fresh install of SP2, I am unable to connect to 3rd party applications like AIM, or Yahoo messenger. I am able to surf using IE and get on MSN messenger, but nothing else seems to work. I've double checked to make sure proper exceptions were set in the windows firewall.. but I'm not sure what else I could do. Any help would be appreciated.

MBchrono

Just a note, I have tried to reinstall TCP/IP and reset it as well. I cannot think of any other reason this problem occured...

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Try turning off the Windows firewall and see if that solves the problem. Have you tried a WINSOCK repair?

Automated WINSOCK Fix for XP

It would really help if you gave details of how you connect to the Internet, and if you have a router. Make/model of these things is useful.

MBchrono

I connect through DSL and a NexLand Pro400 router, although I have never had any problems either my connection or router. Turning off the Windows Firewall makes no difference. I tried Winsock, and it didn't make a difference. I have never had this kind of problem before after a format.. I was guessing it was possibly a windows update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online