1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connection problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Toron, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toron

Toron Thread Starter

i would like to clarify about "TerryNet's" qoute on my thread
    WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.

-for your information im not using internet connection without permission, because our neighbor happens to be my sister, which is just inches beside our house. it is also password protected so that only we family members can use. its family use. i just want you to know about that. so thus that sound illegal? and i am of authority of using the internet.fine if u wont help me. i just want to clarify ur false accusation Mr. maybe my description wasnt just exact but to tell you my connection without any permission, because i dont need permission at all. because we own it.it just happens to be that the router is situated at my sisters house.

browser connected but cant connect using online programs
    hello techguy, i dont know if my post should be done here or to networking. but decided to post it here. in the past few months my internet connection has gone wild, i am internet connected on a browser but unable to connect using online applications. such as online games, which my main purpose of using my pc. and there are some sites were it cant load its applications, like games on websites. we are connected using wireless internet connection, connecting to our neighbor. im not completely sure if the main problem is malware,spyware or some internet blocking virus, but as far as i have observed, the other laptop which my sister is using can access the that i cant access here. namely mmog.asia literally i can access it, but when i enter the game server it will say network connection, but in my sisters laptop it just goes through and enjoying myself playing with it. if i do mistakenly post this problem here please do tell me where to post this problem cause ive been finding ways on how to fix it for a month already and end up to this site. hope you could help me out. thanks so much...

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Too bad you didn't say that in the first place. It's still a gray area--would the ISP consider your situation two households requiring two internet connections or would they consider it one household in two houses. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt in gray areas.

I'm not sure, but it sounds to me that those online applications need to have port(s) forwarded through the router to your computer, but they are already forwarded to your sister's computer. Please check on the router to see if I guessed correctly on this.

3. Toron

Toron Thread Starter

[​IMG]we already checked the router. i think this has something to do with a certain virus or spyware, i dont know what it is. but i everytime i open mozilla, theres a message board popping that requires my username and password in order to go online. hope you could help me, but if u wont, please do tell me in advance. ill just give the link on my printscreen of that message.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=280305&l=c53141ef0b&id=100000112042861

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're not using this Squid?

5. Toron

Toron Thread Starter

idont know what squid is. but thats what it appears. cause thats the only way we can browse the net. cause prior to it, even if i log-in a correct username and password of mine, im unable to access the net using the browser. u know whats going on?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No, I don't know what's going on. It appears that somebody installed that caching proxy on your machine. I don't know if that's why you are having the other trouble, but I guess that's why you get the login/password request.

I don't understand you saying "idont know what squid is" and then also saying "cause thats the only way we can browse the net."

What happens when you try to browse the net w/o Squid?

7. Toron

Toron Thread Starter

ERROR

Cache Access Denied.

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://pvr-desktop/cgi-bin/chpasswd.cgi
    Cache Access Denied.
    Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request http://pvr-desktop/cgi-bin/chpasswd.cgi from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.
    Please contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties authenticating yourself or change your default password.

Generated Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:44:15 GMT by pvr-desktop (squid/2.7.STABLE6)

-thats the promt message when i cancel squid. thanks for replying.appreciate it alot.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice