Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connection probs.

698 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  blin 
#1 ·
Ok so I've now gone back to windows Me. I can now sort of connect to the internet on both my PC's through the wireless modem/router/switch. I can get certain pages to open but things like online banking and connecting to my aol account etc I get nothing but a blank page. I still cant get my computers to find each other on the home network either. They both say they are connected to the network but when searching for computers they only find themselves. Any ideas?
Q

#2 ·
this may help. quoted from http://www.howtonetworking.com/troubleshootingie.htm

Can't access some web sites
Symptoms: 1) If you're using MS ICS or Windows server as router to access the Internet, your clients may not be able to access certain web sites. However, the ICS host or the server doesn't have this problem.
2) After installed a new router or cable modem replacing dial-up to access the Internet, you can't access some web sites.
3) You also find that most web sites you can't access are block to ping or they are security sites using HTTPS.

Causes: 1) The problem occurs because many web servers block ICMP messages and the packets are dropped. As a result, the requested web site doesn't load.
2) This problem is caused also by an incompatible MTU networking setting. You may try to install the latest SP. If you use MS ICS, you may want to configure all your Client computers to use the new, lower MTU as the default for all Internet communication. To modify the MTU size, locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\ Tcpip\ Parameters\ Interfaces. If you use a router like Cisco DSL Router, you may want to adjusting the PPPoE MTU Size. For example, to adjusting the PPPoE MTU Size on the Cisco DSL Router, do

interface ethernet0
no shut
ip address <ip address> <subnet mask>
ip adjust-mss 1452

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.