connection speed indicator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fordboy460

when I connect to the internet, the two little computers now always say 26.4, because something happened with the phone lines up here. I wanted to know is that number from the server, or what I'm putting out, or what is coming in, or something else.
Also, as soon as I connect, my connection gets slower and slower. It can get as slow as 100 bytes per second! This is what my downloads say as they are downloading. I've tried internet speed boosters and deleting temporary files. Is there other things that I can do?

Have you done the maintenace to clean the disk & defrag ... also have you scanned for Virus & spyware?

Savvy :)

I recommend Housecall for Virus, Worms & Trojan scans...
ClickHere!

and for spyware you need Ad-Aware.
Click Here!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online