1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connection speed indicator

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Fordboy460, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fordboy460

Fordboy460 Thread Starter

when I connect to the internet, the two little computers now always say 26.4, because something happened with the phone lines up here. I wanted to know is that number from the server, or what I'm putting out, or what is coming in, or something else.
    Also, as soon as I connect, my connection gets slower and slower. It can get as slow as 100 bytes per second! This is what my downloads say as they are downloading. I've tried internet speed boosters and deleting temporary files. Is there other things that I can do?

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Have you done the maintenace to clean the disk & defrag ... also have you scanned for Virus & spyware?

Savvy :)

I recommend Housecall for Virus, Worms & Trojan scans...
    ClickHere!

and for spyware you need Ad-Aware.
    Click Here!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice