1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connection to server interupted

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DanteVanDevva, Oct 18, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. DanteVanDevva

DanteVanDevva Thread Starter

Hey, I have been having this issue for the past few weeks.
    The issue is as follows - I am getting frequently disconnected and reconnected to websites.
    For example, when I watch video streams on Twitch, the stream works great, 720p 60fps, no lag, no buffer, no issues, however, the chat room on the side is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting.
    Netflix and Youtube both work great, so do online video games.
    However websites like Roll20.net get regularly disconnected and reconnected a few moments later.
    Similar websites that involve playing online with others seem to have the same issue.
    Edit: another example is getting briefly disconnected and reconnected to google drive files.

So here is the trouble shooting I have done so far:
    - I've tried using different web browser, no effect.
    - I've tried using a LAN cable (I usually use Wifi), no effect.
    - I've tried resetting my system.
    - I've tried using a different computer, problem presists.
    - I've tried cleaning cache using CCleaner and scanning for Malware using Malwarebytes.
    - I've tried using Google DNS, no effect.
    - I've tried resetting the router, no effect.

The only constant as far as I can see is either my internet provider or a problem with the router itself?
    As for the possible trigger for this issue, I have switched internet provider recently, but that was months ago,
    and the problem has only started in the past few weeks. The only thing that changed during these weeks is that
    I updated windows, but I doubt that is the issue (?).

Here are my specs:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: ‏‏Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 16
    RAM: 16329 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (57 GB Free); D: 931 GB (369 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Updated from what to what?

3. DanteVanDevva

I have Windows 10 Home, it updated itself using the Windows Update function.
    I now have Windows 10 Home, version 1903, Build 18362.356. Not sure what I had before, but it was still Widows 10 Home.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Thanks. I'll let someone who runs Windows 10 1903 assist. I don't have Win 10 installed.

5. DanteVanDevva

So, I've spoken to my ISP and they told me that they could solve my problem by giving me a static IP at a cost of about 3$ a month.
    I said I'd give it a try, and the problem was fixed.
    Am I being scammed? or is this legit?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice