1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connection to server trouble

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JustinM674, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinM674

JustinM674 Thread Starter

Hi all !
    I have a small server running windows server 2008 R2.
    From my laptop I can connect to this server thru Remote Desktop connection without any problem. But when I go in My Computer, the server does not show in "network" and I can't log in when I type \\UNIKSERVER in the bar. It just says it can't find it.
    I've just re-installed windows so I don't think it's a problem with an other software.
    I'm stuck... got to access the server for work.

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Does it work if you use the server's IP address rather than its name? If so, it sounds like DNS isn't set up property.

3. JustinM674

JustinM674 Thread Starter

I've decided to re install windows again, logged and account as local account (not microsoft). Now it works fine. I don't know what was the problem.
    Thanks for your reply !!
    Justin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice