Connection to Wireless External Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tuistudent

I have an Asus laptop that is about 6 months old. My husband has a MAC. Both computers are located in the living room and the wireless external drive is located in the office along with our wireless router and printer. I have no issues connecting to the router or printer, however it is extremely slow when I connect to the external drive if I can even get it to connect. My husband has no issues connecting to the external drive. I don't understand. Any thoughts?

Just a thought, but it's possible that your laptop's settings aren't optimized or the laptop isn't capable of connecting at the same speeds in which the MAC can...

When you say "extremely slow," what are the problems you are experiencing that makes you say it's slow?

tuistudent

When I say extremely slow, you can see the green shading that goes across the address bar as though it is connecting. It either eventually connects or I get an error message stating that the drive is not available.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online