1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connection unplugged: received 0 bytes in ADSL

Discussion in 'Networking' started by khinelay, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. khinelay

khinelay Thread Starter

Hello

I have got the problem.Connection unplugged and i found out that network device is "!" icon. so i uninstall & reinstall it . Then, "Local Area Connection 3" appears and Packets Received is "0". Network cable unplug n plug message appears even though network cable is connected .

I restore my computer (System Restore) and it 's working again. but i think this is not the real solution .
    May I know how to solve this problem.

I use ADSL (modem is Aztech ,Network Adapters: Realtek RTL8139)
    Microsoft Windows XP (Pro) SP 2
    P4 CPU 2.40 GHz
    1.81 GHz,512 MB of RAM

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since the computer is working, what problem are we now solving?

3. khinelay

khinelay Thread Starter

Hello

Computer is working , but are there any other ways ,except "system restore" , to solve this problem .

Thanks in advance.

4. JohnWill

Without seeing the symptoms before the system restore, that's a pretty difficult question to answer. :D

I'm guessing a stack reset might have fixed it, but it's impossible to be sure.

5. khinelay

khinelay Thread Starter

Hello ,

Before I restored "System Restore", the condition of my connection is
    Local Connection Area Status
    General Tab:
    Connection:Status is connected
    Activity :packets sent (2000) , Packets received (0)
    Connection Status Tab:
    IP, SubnetMask, Default GW: settings are the setting given by ISP

The problem is "network cable unplug n plug" message again & again. And cannot connect Internet .I'v requested the local ISP and they said it was because of the Modem Configuration resetting.Even though ISP reconfigured the ADSL Modem, I'v got that problem (received 0, and cannot access internet) again .
    I reinstalled the Windows and I can connect the Internet again. So,I assume that this problem is not because of Modem Configuration. But I don't know why ?
    1.by formatting the Windows,it's ok
    I want to know what is this problem. So, I ask this problem Here
    Then I'v got this problem (received 0, and cannot access internet) again. I don't want to format the Windows this time. :( but I don't know any other solution except formatting . 2.by restoring the Windows,it's ok
    I ask my problem in this forum.Because I think there are other solutions for that problems .

I want to solve that problem if i'v got this problem again. I don't want to reinstall the Windows for solving that problem . Please show me the way. Are there any virus which caused that problems ?

Thanks in advance
    khinelay

6. JohnWill

As I said, there are many things that might have caused this. Since it's working, I'm not inclined to start making a list of guesses about what might have worked, I don't think that's very productive.

7. khinelay

khinelay Thread Starter

yes, i'll come when i'v got this problem

8. JohnWill

Good plan, then we'll have actual symptoms and we can troubleshoot. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice