1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connections issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tristanbec12, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tristanbec12

tristanbec12 Thread Starter

hi, anyone here know what to do with internet connection issues? basically ive got a new pc , and it has full connection to the wifi and or ethernet then through out the day it disconnects every few mins , meaning my game(runescape) disconnects all the time and i cant play when it disconnects it stills shows full connection on the pcs end, but my games disconnect and apps like spotify also disconnect,usually google chrome and web browsers work fine during this. but after about 5-6pm it works brilliant all night and i have no connection issues? ive tried changing the wifi channels, reseting pc and router ive even gotten a new router sent out but its the same everyday, all other devices in my house have no problems with the wifi throughout the day either. this has been the same for just over a month now since i got the new pc, but this did just start happening with my old pc a few days before i got this new one.
    thanks for any help :)

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    What kind of Internet is provided ?
    Examples: Cable, DSL, FTTP, etc.

What is the Make and Model of the Router or Modem+Router ?

3. tristanbec12

im not sure im in the uk and have new sky hub wifi
    then a cat 5 Ethernet cable
    Systems Details
    help
    Manufacturer Sky
    Model ER115
    Firmware Version 2.08.2406.R
    DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m1.d24m
    Modem
    help
    Modem StatusConnected
    Traffic Type:pTM

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  4. tristanbec12

Dont know if that helps, but someone told me to reinstall my drivers and , its still doing the same

5. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    The Internet provided is DSL.

If it is getting random disconnects during distinct time periods it could be noise interfering with the DSL over the telephone line. During the day the device is used, it creates noise, and it interferes with your DSL. At night the device is not used so you don't have problems.

Presuming it is noise, we can try filtering out the noise by using a common mode ferrite core line filter that is easily applied.

https://www.frys.com/product/343155...B3FM1OJnQ__.node4?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The objective is to open the clam shell, wrap the telephone wire around the opened core and then close and snap the clam shell. It should be placed 18cm ~ 24cm before the Sky ER115.

Noise Filter clam shell open
    Line Noise Filter 1.jpg

Noise Filter clam shell closed and on telephone line
    Torroidal line noise filter.JPG

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  6. tristanbec12

thank you very much man, im going to order the noise filters, ill let you know if it works once they arrive, many thanks again i hope it works

7. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    You're Welcome.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Obivously for the UK, you want to look at places like Dixon / Comet (if they are still around) or any electronic store. Maybe Amazon UK would be cheaper.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice