Connectivity Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aiess

I am using Acer Ferrari LM3200 Notebook and have ran into connectivity problems recently. I have Windows XP and both service packs installed.

The problem is that my internet began to stop responding. I use the "REPAIR" option at 'Network Connections' and it works again for some time (for about 3-5 minutes) and then does not respond again. If I do not "repair", it doesnt respond for about 10 min and then starts working again for 3-5 minutes.

I can not think of any system change that could have caused this problem. I've used my system for a while now and have not made any changes for some time.

Could this be some kind of harware error? Or is it more likely to be related with software? Could anyone please help?

Thank you in advance.

it does seem like a hardware problem. do you have broadband or dial up or do you connect using a lan card ?

aiess

I am connected using a lan card and an aDSL modem. The ISP seems to work fine on the other computer connected to my home network though.

aiess

I have a 3 computer home network. Each one is connected to a "Micronet SP605K EtherFast 10/100Mbps Switch". The switch is connected to a "Harbour HA1000 aDSL Modem". And the modem is connected to the telephone line. Further I don't know, probably a gateway at my apartment or smth. The LAN card on my laptop is Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet". The other 2 computers (desktops) dont have any problems at all with the internet. I tried different LAN wires, and found out that the problem is not in them. So thats all the info I can offer at the moment.

It could be your switch. Connect the problem computer directly to the modem and see if the problem still persists. If the problem goes away, you know it's your switch. If it still exists, you've got something wrong in your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts