Connectivity Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Giant Octopus

Hi

When I visit websites like Yahoo or sportslogos.net (sites that have alot of embedded ads) I tend to lose Internet connection. For some reason after a few minutes on these type of sites my Internet connection times out and the light on my router goes red. I have to unplug and then replug in my router to reconnect to the internet.

I was just curious as to why this happens? It gets annoying after awhile.

TerryNet

Terry
My guess is that your router is failing, your modem is failing, or you have very poor internet service.

Giant Octopus

I dont think there is anything wrong with my modem or Belkin router. My internet speed is 72 mps.

dmccoy

Darrin
Bypass your router and connect directly to your modem to test.

Giant Octopus

I don't lose connection with my wired modem. Only when I'm using my WiFi router.

TerryNet

Terry
I dont think there is anything wrong with my modem or Belkin router.
I don't lose connection with my wired modem. Only when I'm using my WiFi router.
When and if you realize there is a problem with the router update the firmware if you don't have the latest installed. Reset the router to factory defaults. If the problem persists replace the router or live with the problem.

managed

Allan
Post the make and model of the computer and router you're using please.

managed

Allan
Try using an ad-blocker in your web browser, or turning it off if you use one already, just to see what happens.

What speed is your internet connection ?

Giant Octopus

It doesn't say when I'm using my computer but when I check Internet connections on my tablet it says that the signal is "Very Strong" and its 72 mps.

managed

Allan
Looks like your internet connection is fine then.

Did you try thr adblocker idea ?

Giant Octopus

My router is still fairly new. Is there a way I can troubleshoot my connection when this happens again and will it tell me why it happened? Like "DCP failed to connect" or "TCP timed out" or whatever?

dmccoy

Darrin
If your issues are resolved by connecting directly to the modem then your router more then likely has some issues. I would recommend resetting it to factory settings and updating to the latest firmware as follows and test.

NEVER! Restore saved settings after installing Firmware.
ALWAYS! Enter your settings manually.
ALWAYS! Do a Factory Reset before Installing Firmware.
ALWAYS! Do a Factory Reset after Installing Firmware.

Giant Octopus

I'm just curious as to why my internet speed drops alot. When I check it on my tablet it usually says 72 mps. Sometimes it shoots up to 144 mps and then drops down again to 72 mps. Then at one point it dropped to 26 mps (I was having trouble loading a Youtube video) before it jumped back up to 72 mps. I was just wondering why this happens. Why isn't my speed consistent?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online