1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ConnInts1? Huh?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by fenris_wolf, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fenris_wolf

fenris_wolf Thread Starter

Friends, I do not have the mastery of terminology permitting me to label
    what is happening to the only computer used to connect to the Internet and
    for email at the small office at which I work. We use a dialup modem.

The network connection has reconfigured its settings. More to the point,
    every time I correct the settings, they reconfigure back to improper ones.
    I even tried deleting all the existing connections and reinstalling just
    the correct one. When I did so, whatever we have not only reconfigured
    the settings on the connection I had just reinstalled, but reinstalled one of
    the connections I'd deleted -- again with improper settings.

The incorrect settings use as a name ConnInts1, and have used multiple
    numbers, the last ten digits of each of which I assume are a telephone
    number. The numbers it has indicated it is using so far are as follows:
    The password it employs appears as a series of bullets, and so is not
    capable of being read. At present, we are incapable of connecting to the
    Internet or accessing our email.

I welcome your insight into what has happened and what we need to do to
    correct it. I ran NAV and it found nothing. My thanks to you in advance for
    your help.

2. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

Here's a program that'll be recommended to you to use:

http://forums.techguy.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1598675

It's under the "Official Downlaods"....HiJackThis. It'll easily fit on a floppy for you to run it on your downed computer.

Read the Introduction and How to Use HiJackThis. All you need to do now is to save the log to your floppy and post it here. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING WITH IT YET. Most of what's shown is necessary for your computer to run properly. It'll be looked at by one of the HJT log experts. Here's an excerpt of what you'll need to do.

At this point, you will have a listing of all items found by HijackThis.

If what you see seems confusing and daunting to you, then click on the Save Log button, designated by the red box, and save the log to your computer somewhere you will remember later.

To open up the log and paste it into a forum, like ours, you should following these steps:

Click on Start then Run and type Notepad and press OK. Notepad will now be open on your computer.
    Click on File and Open, and navigate to the directory where you saved the Log file.
    When you see the file, double click on it. The log file should now be opened in your Notepad.
    Click on Edit and then Select All. All the text should now be selected.
    Click on Edit and then Copy, which will copy all the selected text into your clipboard.
    Go to a message forum, such as ours, and create a new message.
    Title the message: HijackThis Log: Please help Diagnose
    Right click in the message area where you would normally type your message, and click on the paste option. The previously selected text should now be in the message.
    Press Submit
    NOTE: There is some information in the log file that you may not want people to know outside your organization such as Windows NT domains and the DNS Servers you use. Please edit your log files if they contain legitimate information as to not have the public know this information. These entries correspond to the ones found in sections O17.

3. fenris_wolf

fenris_wolf Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll give it a shot first thing in the morning.

4. Perfesser

Perfesser

Only found one hit on Google that was in English; this is a dialer hijacker. According to the post Spybot S&D can kill it. Be on the lookout for some BIG phone bills from AT&T for calls to the Solomon Islands, and be prepared for a fight getting any help from AT&T.

This is a link to a long thread about this problem. Several of the victims have tangled with AT&T.
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3079

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice