Conputer wont start and keeps beeping

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nony18888

Hi, ive recently ran into some problems after having setup a second hard drive ( barracuda 7200.10) and it worked quite well until my computer froze so I tried restarting it and when i try the computer beeps endlessly and the screen remains black. i theorize that my hard drive died and my computer is trying to diagnose. I had the same problem with it a long time ago and i cant remember how I fixed it. I tried everything, starting without the HDD and with different SATA cables and even tried removing and re-seccuring the Ram and i still get the beeps, help

Ps: Im running windows 10

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What's the make & model of the PC? These BIOS beep codes are the clue as to what's going wrong with the hardware, so it's important we focus on those. Part of that will be figuring out the motherboard, and then the BIOS manufacturer from there.

Nony18888

What's the make & model of the PC? These BIOS beep codes are the clue as to what's going wrong with the hardware, so it's important we focus on those. Part of that will be figuring out the motherboard, and then the BIOS manufacturer from there.
I will check when i get home :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If that's a factory-brand computer, advise us what brand name and model name and model number it is.
If that's a self-built computer, advise us what brand name and model number and revision number its motherboard is.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Nony18888

Its is a self built and am un-sure if this is the motherboard model but it says TAS70 ver5.2 Biostar on the motherboard

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Are you sure it's not a BIOSTAR TA970 version 5.2 motherboard?

See if this helps.
Capture.JPG
(click image to enlarge and view)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Which beep code is it...... from the chart???

ok, couldn't see the chart on my phone, can now on a computer

how many ram modules do u have....i would start there, pull them out and install just one, then if same try another

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The continuous beeps appear to be associated with the computer's memory(RAM).
Make sure all the modules are firmly seated.
Hopefully, none of the modules or the DIMM slots are damaged.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nony18888

The continuous beeps appear to be associated with the computer's memory(RAM).
Make sure all the modules are firmly seated.
Hopefully, none of the modules or the DIMM slots are damaged.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I only have one stick or RAM and it is firmly clipped in and secured and I still have the same problem

Nony18888

If only one stick, it usually has to be in the number one slot depending on manufacturers. Try another stick if possible and if can run memtest from boot,MemTest86 V7.3 Free Edition http://www.memtest86.com/downloads/memtest86-usb.zip
I dont have another stick to try out but it has always worked in the third slot but will try in the first and it dosent work either, i really think that my ram has nothing to do with it and that my pc cant diagnose that my HDD died so it thinks ita the Ram ??

Can you see the bios screen by hitting delete when booting, if the hard drive failed you still should be able to see that. I had a video card that went bad and made the computer network device quit, very strange.

Nony18888

Can you see the bios screen by hitting delete when booting, if the hard drive failed you still should be able to see that. I had a video card that went bad and made the computer network device quit, very strange.
No the screen stays black and dosen't react to keys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online