1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Conroe temps?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex4, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex4

Alex4 Thread Starter

Ok guys. I got a new computer, you can see it in my signature. So first off, using the Asus PC probe II software, running Prime95, and a CPU stability test, my temperature shows as being 34° Celcius....This just seems low to me. That, added to the fact that this processor is overclocked to 2.7 GHz. Doesn't that seem too low? I am using this heat sink... http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cooling/air/coolermaster/hsf/hyper48/
    By the way, the processor seems to be cool to the touch.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If you want an accurate temperature, use a thermometer (though that only gives the HSF temp, rather than the die itself)

The motherboard sensors are a 10 cent uncalibrated device, used as a rough guide. Expect +/- 10°C from them. An accurate electronic themometer would cost about the same as the whole motherboard, as an example.

3. accat13

accat13

You may want to have a look at T.A.T. otherwise known as "Intel Thermal Analysis Tool" it gives you the temp on each core(google for it)...It also allows you to stress each one individually...It will read higher then Pc probe II...Just remeber what kiwiguy said
    And use the readings you get as a estimate of true results

4. brite750

brite750

try looking at your temps in the bios as well

5. Alex4

Alex4 Thread Starter

Yea, that makes sense. Thanks for the help guy!

6. Alex4

Alex4 Thread Starter

Although, I am running this TAT program...and as soon as I put 100% load on the chip it jumps within 2 seconds from like 20°C to like 40°. Why is this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!