1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Consistant freezes.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dave250, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave250

Dave250 Thread Starter

Hey all, pretty much new to this board posting wise but heres my issue -

I've had this pc for roughly 2 months now give or take, its worked flawlessly apart from 1 or 2 gaming issues that were simply fixed with driver updates. To get to the point i was having an evening of gaming tonight, everything was as normal but around 40 minutes ago after exiting Devil May Cry 4 and opening my browser up while listening to music i noticed my windows media player was freezing for roughly 10 seconds each time, every say.. 10-20 seconds it froze.

Didn't think much of it at first, figured i'd restart the pc and everything would be fine, well i guessed wrong, this time the pc took literally 5 minutes to load up into windows then didn't load the desktop so i forced restarted. This time it loaded up fine, so started my music up again and the freezing continued to play up, i opened my browser and noticed that was freezing whilest loading the webpage. To cut a stupidly long story short, my PC is freezing on any application i load, but not freezing entirely, just in bursts. Games, music, windows media player, youtube, web browser just anything that requies loading or buffering is constantly freezing for several seconds continually.

My Speccs -

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GO 2.40GHz Quad Core CPU
    - Asus Rampage Formula Intel X48 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
    - OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-6400C5 Dual Channel Vista Gold Series DDR2
    - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache Hard Drive
    - NVIDIA 280 GTX 1024MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) DirectX 10 Graphics Card
    - Corsair 650w TX SLi Power Supply

I should note just incase it has anything to do with it that this computer came overclocked slightly by the company. Any help/advice appreciated im not amazingly good with PC's, thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/788364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice