1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

constant annoying reboots

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by blixa, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blixa

blixa Thread Starter

hi, heres the prob......web surfing is no problem at all, but anything else causes a reboot. whether its me playing half-life, my wife playing solitaire, or my kids playing jump start games, after 5-10 minutes the pc will reboot. there is no question of "if" it will reboot this time, its "when." i have run scan disc, and defragged. i have pulled memory one by one to see if thats the prob, but it still reboots. i recently upgraded to win 2000 with sp2, but i was having the same problems with win 98. it just started one day and has yet to end. any help would be appreciated as i cant count the number of times per day i hear "stupid computer", or "i hate this computer", or "dad, will you just buy a playstation already."
    compaq presario 5441
    amd k6-2 475mhz
    128 ram
    win2k sp2

thank you, blixa

2. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

This sounds like your power supply is going bad. Forum?

3. blixa

blixa Thread Starter

i didnt even know that was possible. couple questions....how does a power supply go bad? how do i find out what kind of power supply i have? are they expensive? thank you for your input, blixa

~if i have no freewill, then how can i be morally culpable?~
    nick cave

4. PC_DISK1

PC_DISK1

Power supplys go bad, not to often but it happens. You can check the back of the computer where the fan is and see if it is spinning. I would also check the cpu fan. If its a home PC you probably have a 230watt ATX. But you should double check.
    Good Luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice