1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Constant BSOD After Installing New Gpu!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CallyWally, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CallyWally

CallyWally Thread Starter

A few weeks ago i upgraded my old gtx 560ti to a gtx 680 due to it being slightly more powerful.
    But ever since i've done this i can't seem to play any games at all without my computer showing the bsod with the error "Video_scheduler_internal_error"
    I dont know what to do.
    Setup if you need to know
    Intel Core i5 2500k Stock clock 3.3ghz
    EVGA Gtx 680 Stock
    8gb DDR3
    Corsair VS650
    Corsair SSD
    WD 1tb

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30 GHz processor uses 95W.
    Capture0.JPG

The GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphic card uses 170W.
    Capture1.JPG

The GeForce GTX 680 graphic card uses 195W.
    Capture2.JPG

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but the problem may be with that Corsair "CS" series power supply.
    It's designed for basic builds and not for the demands of gaming.

Be patient and wait for one of the experts here to chime in and give you some advice.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Please tell me you uninstalled the GTX 560 TI drivers, shut the PC down, installed the new card, and then installed its drivers?
    They're completely different families of NVidia graphics chips!
    I don't do much gaming (I just make them work properly); but, saved games may be buggy, too.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    In addition to what was said in post #3, you didn't advise which Windows version (7, 8.1, 10) is running in your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. CallyWally

I didn't, i just installed the new gpu straight after taking the old one out! However i did a fresh install of windows anyway, whether this makes a difference or not?

6. CallyWally

Windows 10

7. CallyWally

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The very first thing I see is a corsair VS pw supply. There are NOT intended for any type of gaming or other stressful endeavor; they are for a basic system ONLY ie onchip video, running office, etc.
    Next I do not see your motherboard listed. Post the exact mb you are using. Next did you check for win10 support at the support page for your board?

How to properly install a video card;
    1 Old card still installed, go to the relevant support site ie nvidia or amd and download the latest driver for your card. Do not use the driver that comes on the support disk; it is almost always out of date.
    2 Uninstall ALL software for the old card ie driver, any monitoring software, any suite, etc. Do not reboot; just tell it later.
    3 Now shutdown and pull your old card. Install the new card. Be sure it is fully seated in the slot. Connect pw cables as required.
    4 Pw ON and cancel any found new hardware wiz. Install the driver you downloaded in step #1
    5 Reboot when prompted.

Done.

9. lynx1021

lynx1021

You said "did a fresh install of windows anyway". Did you install all the mother board chipset and other drivers? What is your motherboard?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice