Constant BSoD on New PC Build - Memtest Results

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Izzykose92

Hi would be great to shed some light on this.

Pc spec:

I7 9700k stock
16gb hyper x fury 2666mhz
Aorus pro z390 motherboard
1070ti zotac
Ae 5 plus sound card
Fenvi wifi card
Noctua cpu cooler

Have had multiple bsod issues after multiple reinstall of Windows to fix the issue with no success. This mainly happens when playing valorant but suspect a wider hardware issue. All parts are still under warranty.

Attached is a photo of the man test error identified. I have just reinstalled windows and installed all my apps. It identifies an issue on TEST 6 on CPU.core 0. Photo attached.

Any ideas?

Attachments

Your memory stick isn't OK.
You can try attach it to another slot and re-run test.
Otherwise if test fails with all slots then the memory needs to be replaced.

EDIT:
All parts are still under warranty.
Take is to the shop and tell them memory isn't installed correctly or it doesn't work.

crjdriver

You have not included the most important part; the exact pw supply you are running.
I checked the support page for your board and there is a beta bios that addresses memory problems with 2666 memory.
The beta bios is now approx 10 months old so I doubt a release bios is forthcoming.

Izzykose92

Thanks for this.

Actually this is an important point.

I have a 650w power supply. Corsair.

My board power requirements is 8 + 4 pin. Unfortunately due to upgrading unhave used the pc with this old power supplynfor month's, AND HAVE ONLY HAD 8 PINS PLUGGED IN THE WHOLE TIME.

Kind you it has run relatively stable the entire time , even at 5ghz. But main issues when running valorant and in this man TEST which have just been found.

crjdriver

Most of the 8+4pin boards function fine with just the 8pin connector [as long as you do not attempt to overclock]
Have you checked your voltages under a load? If not, do so. There is monitoring software available for your board. It is on the support page; called system info viewer. Note you must install app center prior to installing SIV.
Once installed, run a stress test ie prime95, OCCT, etc. Monitor your 12V, 5V, and 3.3 volt rails under a load. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize the voltages.

Izzykose92

Your memory stick isn't OK.
You can try attach it to another slot and re-run test.
Otherwise if test fails with all slots then the memory needs to be replaced.

EDIT:

Take is to the shop and tell them memory isn't installed correctly or it doesn't work.
Most of the 8+4pin boards function fine with just the 8pin connector [as long as you do not attempt to overclock]
Have you checked your voltages under a load? If not, do so. There is monitoring software available for your board. It is on the support page; called system info viewer. Note you must install app center prior to installing SIV.
Once installed, run a stress test ie prime95, OCCT, etc. Monitor your 12V, 5V, and 3.3 volt rails under a load. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize the voltages.

Thanks will do and will post results.

I just blue screened again on VALORANT with the error System service exception. This is on a new fresh windows 10 install today. Is it likely a power issue, or based on the memtest could it be memory... I hope not cpu?

crjdriver

It can be a lot of things and the only way you will find out is to test in a systematic manner.
If your voltages fall under a load, it can cause many types of problems.
I would really consider purchasing a pw supply with the necessary connectors for your board.

Izzykose92

Blue screen happened because of misconfigured hardware related to memory, not because of game or some software problem, that's for sure.
When you say this would it be as simple as changing the ram sticks to something say 3600mhz and 16gb so it doesn't conflict with 2666 potential conflict

Izzykose92

It can be a lot of things and the only way you will find out is to test in a systematic manner.
I would really consider purchasing a pw supply with the necessary connectors for your board.
Will do. It's necessary with new 3080 purchase anyway. But I hope it's not something more srs re memory or cpu. The fact that test 6 failed on core 0 repeatedly concerns me....

Izzykose92

I didn't say that, listen to crjdriver what he is saying, you need diagnose hardware configuration step by step.
No. Rather I Asked you this. I guess the answer would be yes because it Is a necessary step of the troubleshooting you are talking about. Also crjdriver mentioned my board may conflict with 2666mhz ram

Izzykose92

I just blue screened during occt test and recording voltages and it was detecting many errors. It was sams windows service exeption.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online