Status
Not open for further replies.

Constant BSOD (please help)

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have recently built my own rig with these components

MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC Twin Frozr 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, Intel Z77 Express, USB 3.0, CrossFireX Support, Dual Intelligent Processors 3)
Corsair CML8GX3M2A1866C9R LP Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz
Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

After putting it all together and starting with Windows 8 everything loaded fine. However recently I have been getting BSOD saying:

FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA (dxgkrnl)
FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA (win32s.sys)
MEMORY MANAGEMENT

I can insure all drivers are up to date and I have run all basic measures to prevent this from happening. Just a quick thing it only usually results when playing computer games.

I have attached my recent Minidumps, someone please please please help!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It looks like bad RAM. I doubt there is any problem with your hard drive.

Memory Testing (including bootable CD's and floppies):

Memtest86
MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Roadkil's RAM Test
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista or 7, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

#6 ·
All errors can be caused by bad RAM. The fact that you have had at least 4 different errors definitely implies RAM rather than any other piece of hardware. No test will be correct if you have bad RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.