Solved Constant BSoDs (Windows 10)

Kalmana

Alrighty. I'll uninstall the applications and let you know what happens from there.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I am not sure the crash dumps are taking us very far
We appear to have a miscellany of reasons
So many that I cannot believe the cause is not something more basic

You have four sticks of 8GB as here
BankLabel : BANK 0
Manufacturer : G Skill Intl
MemoryType : DDR4
FormFactor : DIMM
Capacity : 8GB
Speed : 1866
Serial : 00000000
PartNumber : F4-3200C16-8GTZSK
ECC : False
TypeDetail : {Synchronous, Unbuffered (Unregistered)}
repeated in all four DIMM slots

Take out the sticks in A1 and B1
That will leave two sticks in A2 and B2 - known as the primary slots of the board
that is the second and last slot counting from the processor

Then reboot and see if you still get crashes.
IF you know how to remove ram OK - do not touch chips handle on edges., release clips
Static precautions
Disconnect power FIRST
More advice needed please ask

Kalmana

Okay, just to verify the two i should be removing are the two slots that have the arrows pointed to them, correct?

motherboard.png

Kalmana

Never mind. Found the manual online and had it reversed. It's these two i need to remove, right? motherboard.png

Last edited:

Kalmana

Okay. I am currently at work. I will remove the two RAM sticks when i get out and I will let you know what happens from there

Kalmana

While I am able to do so, I hate dealing with physical hardware. Always feel like i'd break something. But I did successfully remove the two indicated RAM sticks. Other than waiting for any possible BSoDs, is there something I should check? Like a test or something I can run? Or is it really a matter of the waiting game again at this point?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It really is a question of waiting and seeing if you get another crash
The situation is that memtest tests the sticks outside of windows and finds errors when ram is faulty
However that is different from running that ram within the system.
Those processors the AMD
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 16
and the board are particularly selective on ram and it is not unknown for a full ram installation of four sticks to cause problems
If you look at your manual which I have done so then you will see that on the download for the manual there is also the QVL - qualified vendors list for ram and its particular installations
On the entry here for ram
Version -2020/01/16 update 1.3 MBytesROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Memory QVL FOR AMD Ryzen 2000 Series Processors B450 4DIMM
you see this
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...D_Ryzen_2000_Series_Processors_B450_4DIMM.pdf

on there you will see which ram has been tested with four sticks - as in the right hand column
Also you will note that in the manual it advises that if four sticks are used then additional cooling measures should be taken to ensure system stability.
What cooling do you have please?

Kalmana

For coolers, it's the one that came with the processor

I believe he also got thermal paste, but i'll have to double check as I'm not seeing it in the shopping list of parts and such for the computer.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
No need to check that - I just needed to know if it was the stock cooler
Please test it with the two sticks
Whatever you normally did to produce the crash - game etc , see how it runs with that and if there are still crashes.

Kalmana

Okay, I will let you know what happens, but it may take a few days like earlier.

Also, on the topic of coolers, do you have one that you would be able to recommend to me if i do want to have all 4 sticks of ram in it?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well lets see first if this was the problem, as it is no use examining that aspect until we find if the system still crashes.

Kalmana

I think we might have our answer. Other than it being a bit slower than normal, I have not had a blue screen since i removed the ram sticks. I want to wait until next Monday to be sure, to give it a full week. But so far so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online