Constant BSoDs (Windows 10)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
When you come back we will see what the best approach is for you depending on
how you wish to proceed

Kalmana

I would like to be able to get the other two ram sticks back in and work properly, if this is indeed what was causing it. I dont mind having to shop for a better cooler, i have a few things i have been planning on upgrading, namely the fans (they are the stock ones that came with the case) and changing the HDD, which i already got.

But lets cross that bridge later. I'll post if something happens, otherwise see you Monday

Kalmana

Well. It has been a week. Other than my computer freezing on me once, I have not had any real issues with my computer since i removed the other two sticks of ram, so i believe that was indeed the cause of the issue at this point. I have done everything I would normally would have done and nothing.

So i guess from here it's just a matter of getting a good cooler that I can use that would allow me to use the additional ram sticks. Do you have one that you could recommend?

I'm not sure if it matters for space, but this is the case I am using

And I mentioned that i was also thinking of getting better fans. Since my case can handle 5 120mm fans. I was thinking of getting these ones...unless you have a better recommendation.

And oh yes. Since the issue is technically solved, should I mark it as such, or should I wait until i get the parts i need to get the ram sticks back in?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Leave it for the time being before you mark it solved and we will now see if we can make some progress regarding the ram
Now we know the cause we may be able to get it to accept the four sticks

1. Where is the tower.
Is it in completely free airflow, by that I mean not in some manner of cabinet or enclosure.?

2. The two front fans, are intake
The two top and the one rear are exhaust
ON THE NEWEGG LINK you sent it says

Impressive cooling performance pre-installed
Top : 2 x 120mm fans
Front : 2 x 120mm LED fans
Rear : 1 x 120mm LED fan
However on the manufacturers site for the case it says

• 2 x 120mm LED RGB Fans (pre-installed)
    [*]Rear: 1 x 120mm LED RGB Fan (pre-installed)
    [*]Top: 2 x Top 120mm Blue Fans (not included)
    [*]Bottom: 1 x 120mm Fan (not included)
    [*]
but they then confuse the issue by saying
With the ability to support up to six fans (four fans included), the computer case can produce voluminous airflow to cool down even the most extreme system.
but two front and one rear is 3 not 4.

3. Which fans do you have please ?

4. The answer depends on how much you are prepared to spend
THIS RAM is QVL on the GSskill for your board
https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/170/1535616383/F4-2133C15Q-32GFXR-Qvl
It comes in a 32GB kit and runs at 2133
That is WHAT YOU NEED
You will notice no difference I can assure you between 3200 and 2133 on that board.

YOUR ram is NOT QVL BY GSkill for that board and tested speed for you ram is 3200
AND YOU HAVE the wrong ram it is NOT offered by GSkill as a 32GB kit
https://www.gskill.com/configurator...h2=Capacity§32GB (8GBx4),Tested_Speed§3200MHz,
someone has made the mistake of buying two 16GB kits (2 by 8GB)
thinking it is OK

5.The easiest answer although not cheap is to buy as per the link of QVL

6. I know I said we can try, and get it to run, but I think it is doomed to failure.
If you DO wish to try I will be back online about 2200

Last edited:

Kalmana

The computer is elevated off of the ground since i have carpet, but has proper airflow. It's not situated in a enclosure.

The fans i have are 2 top, 2 front, and a rear.

For how much i am willing to spend...I have a bonus coming up. So for the ram i'm willing to throw a good amount of money at it if needed, but would like it to be under $200 if able to. Especially since i do not play a lot of high intensity games and whatnot, but would like to eventually be able to use VR.

So yeah, if this is what you think is best, i will buy the new ram and the new cooler if you think it is necessary

So if you can recommend me some that would work well for my computer, go for it and i'll add it to my shopping list

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not think you will need a cooler with that ram
Its is running 2133 at 1.2v

whereas what you have would run

Tested Speed
3200MHz
Tested Latency
16-18-18-38
Tested Voltage
1.35V
as you can see 1.35 to reach tested speed 3200

It all depends on what you want to spend you can go

https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/166/1536558637/F4-2666C18Q-32GTZR-Specification
2666 at 1.2
Compare prices and MAKE sure you order the 32gb kit
not TWO 16gb KITS
YOU MUST ENSURE YOU ORDER A 32gb KIT THAT WAY YOU GET EXACT MATCHED chips, latency and all settings.

2666 is the fastest you can go with OC
and OC would require additional cooling for relatively little gain.

As you can see from your board manual anything above 2666 is OC

Pleased to have helped you - do let me know how you go on
You have been good to work with.

Must feel quite good to have found the reason after you having these problems
But, my computer is not even a year old. Had another buddy of mine help with the parts and for the most part. Works fine. The issue, is that i will usually end up with a lot of different BSoDs and just general crashes.
on such a nice system.

Kalmana

Just to make sure i have the correct one this time i want to double check before i fully order it. This is the ram that i should be getting for my computer, correct?

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232717

And with this one i should be able to add in all 4 of the sticks and it wont have an issue right?

I'm sure you have some idea of how frustrated i was by some of my posts as we were working through everything. You were more than accommodating for someone like myself who was frustrated and not all that tech savvy when it comes to hardware issues. When everything is done and i am fully up and running, i'm planning on donating around 100 bucks to this site to help keep it running so more people like myself can get the help they need.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That is very kind of you
When I said

That referred to your comment on your opening post

But, my computer is not even a year old. Had another buddy of mine help with the parts and for the most part. Works fine. The issue, is that i will usually end up with a lot of different BSoDs and just general crashes.
As I said - you were good to work with.

Turning to the ram
From the GSkill site this is the ram they recommend at that speed for your board

F4-2666C18Q-32GTZR
Trident Z RGB
DDR4-2666MHz CL18-18-18-43 1.20V
32GB (4x8GB)
QVL`d to that board
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

From the Newegg site
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model F4-2666C18Q-32GTZR
So yes it is match.

All the checks I have made, show that this ram is the correct ram for 4 sticks - for your board
Whereas the ram you have is NOT listed as such by GSkill

IF you wish to check with GSKILL
https://www.gskill.com/contact

Kalmana

Got the new ram in and swapped them out. Still haven't had any issues in about 4 days now. Even after putting in the new SDD. I can't say how happy I am that the issue i've been having for months now is finally dealt with. I'm pretty comfortable marking this as solved. Thank you so much for your help!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
i've been having for months now is finally dealt with. I'm pretty comfortable marking this as solved. Thank you so much for your help!
You are welcome, pleased to have helped you.

You can of course delete that V2 log collector and the collected log - as you wish.
If you think the application useful, to you then of course you may use it in future
Be careful with the zip files in the log, they can rapidly fill your drive if your were to extract them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online