1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

constant crashes while gaming

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by doronalan24, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doronalan24

doronalan24 Thread Starter

hello,

i've been getting a crash on my computer within minutes of running certain games on their own, and within about half an hour of playing certain other games while skyping.
    the crash i get is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Things I've tried:
    reinstalling windows
    reinstalling drivers
    turning off overclocking
    installing drivers for GPU through provided CD
    dusting computer
    using memtest86 to check RAM, no problems

speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aD33zxsCz1JHXaFyfY0HMSG
    bluescreenview crash info: http://i.gyazo.com/569ec4826b7a459382a9e0b487da090a.png

thanks for reading, i hope for help as soon as possible!

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please also pot the exact Manufacturer and model number, Wattage and Amperage on the +12vdc Rail(s) of your power supply.

3. doronalan24

Rosewill 630 watt green series 80 plus power supply
    Single 12V rail
    not sure about amperage

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing you have a Rosewill RG630-S12 Green Series 630 watt power supply.

It appears it puts out 50 amps on the 12-volt rail.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. yo94iikei

yo94iikei

"This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code."

?

I guess you could try using the last known most stable update for your GPU drivers(check the manufacturer forums i guess for info on this), and disable any desktop control suites add/ons to check that as well....also i always had better luck when i had "let the app" decide the graphics settings.

The other suspicion is that its possible one of the windows fixes/updates is causing the issue in conjunction with the gpu drivers, in which case not a lot you can do i suppose except wait for windows or your driver manufacturer to address it.

the other thing id consider if you havent, is heat issues, and your comps settings concerning this...

not posturing as a expert here, just i used to build my own pcs and would run into issues like sometimes and usually it was one of the 3 listed above.

6. doronalan24

I'm 100% positive that I have the most recent drivers for my GPU. also, these crashes occur within 2 minutes of starting grand theft auto 5, i doubt that's enough time for the temperature to get to critical levels.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice