1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

constant errors

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fisherman420, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fisherman420

fisherman420 Thread Starter

keep getting error messages from my programs when i reinstall them they still dont work ran mcafee and webroot spysweeper but cant find a virus but i have all the symptoms. i also reinstalled a game it runs once than says error it was working fine a day ago. could it be a stealth virus if so how can i find it?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Perhaps by telling us the -exact- error message you get?

3. fisherman420

fisherman420 Thread Starter

well my advanced settings wont work on my master volume and portmagic wont work and my space screensaver wont work they just say send error report wheres the code i looked at details no code oh if it helps i have windows xp media edititon

4. new tech guy

new tech guy

Ok have you tried registry cleaning? If not it could be a dirty registry. Try maybe the built in reg cleaner in ccleaner.
    www.ccleaner.com
    it has a built in registry cleaner. Just create a restore point before you run so you can restore if somthing doesnt work out. Also, speaking of system restore, when did this problem begin and how long has it been going on? Have you tried running a restore? If so, what happened? We really need more information about the errors.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice