1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

constant firefox shutdown

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vics, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vics

vics Thread Starter

I am having problem with firefox explorer. It keeps shutting down on me when using visiting ordinary websites like amazon, radio st, youtube. I tried everything, clearing cookies, unabling cookies...
    Still having the same problem. The only difference to the system was the upgrade to full AVG software. Could this be the bugger that is driving me creasyY??? Please help!!!!!!!:(

2. raybro

raybro

What OS???

Try running FF in Safe mode and see if you still have the problem. That disables all the plugins. In XP, get into safe mode by clicking Start/All Programs/Mozilla Firefox/ Safe mode.

Raybro

3. vics

vics Thread Starter

Thank uuuu!!!!!!!!!
    Running motzilla firefox seems to have done the trick!!

4. vics

vics Thread Starter

Sorry I meant to say running firefox in safe mode, thank u

5. raybro

raybro

What running in safe mode does is disable all your plug ins. It is intended as a diagnostic process, not the way to operate normally. Since FF works OK with all plug ins disabled, the next step is to find out which plug in is causing the problem.

To do this, open FF and under "Tools' in the main menu, select "Add-ons".

In the widow that opens, select "Extensions" (if it's not already selected). This will list all the add-ons you have installed (they are called "Extensions' after they are installed). When you click on any given add-on, the item will expand and display 3 buttons (Options, Disable and Uninstall).

Disable the items 1 or 2 at a time by clicking the "Disable" button for each item on the list you want to disable. If FF still works OK, Enable the ones you disabled and then disable a couple of different ones.

Continue this process until you find the add-on(s) (Extension(s)) causing the problem.

You can then either leave the Add-on causing the problem Disabled or Uninstall it, your choice.

I've attached a pic of the Add-ons (Extensions) window for your convenience.

Raybro

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!