1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Constant HD paging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by markmorgan, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markmorgan

markmorgan Thread Starter

Hi, I recently upgraded my Pc with a ASRock mobo (KT266 Chipset), Athlon XP2400 &512 DDR ram. I did a reformat/fresh install of winXP Pro. I have a second HDD, CDR/RW & DVD ROm drive. Graohic card is Nvidia Geforce 2 MX400/64. All drivers are current. The problem is that my hard drive seems to be almost constantly working, tho there is a pattern to it, the LED is on for 2-3 seconds then off for 1-2, then on for 2-3, then off for 1-2....and this goes on all the time. I'm completely baffled, and would really appreciate any advice. Norton AV is up to date, and no viruses detected. There are no trojans / spyware as this is cnstantly checked for nightly. The net result seems to be that everything takes ages to start, outlook express takes up to 90 secons to show up as do some applications. My CPU usage seems to be ok @ 5-10%. Thanks for any help.

2. Firah

Firah

Get the diagnostic tool from the HDD manufacturer's site and run it. Could be the HDD health is deteriorating.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice