1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Constant loop of restart when booting up.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by luvly_krissy, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvly_krissy

luvly_krissy Thread Starter

Hello,

I recently ran into a problem with my main desktop computer[​IMG]. I am not able to boot into the system. Every single time, with absolutely no exception, when loading windows (I run Windows XP[​IMG] Pro) the computer restarts. This happens when the logo is showing with the loading bar. It never makes it past this point. No error message or warning, just a constant loop of frustration. I have tried running last known good configuration, which also restarts, and booting up in safe mode; which also leads to a restart.

I tried booting with the windows installation cd but after initial reading.... it goes back to reading from the hard-drive. I tried booting using USB that also doesnt work. I am ready to format my windows drive and install windows afresh, but i need access to the system some how.

I am gonna try booting using this file http://rs88.rapidshare.com/files/31932355/HBCD9.zip but till then pls help me with any ideas u have.

Any advice, or recommendations is greatly appreciated for this frustrating problem. I'm just kind of looking for a direction to be pointed in to solve this. I've never heard of anything like this before... thanks in advance for any replies!

Kris.

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya luvly_krissy.

You DO need to boot from the installation CD and I`m not sure why you can`t do that as it`s nothing to do with the system as such.

How far into reading the disk does it get before kicking itself out of it? Do you get to `Press any key to boot from CD` and if so, does it load the default drivers before giving you a number of options ... namely to enter the Recovery Console which is what you want.

If you can get that far, press R to enter it and after choosing option 1 (typically C:/WINDOWS), type in chkdsk /r at the prompt and let it do it`s work.

As, when and if you eventually get into the system, go to System Properties (Win key + Pause-Break) and in the Advanced tab under Startup and Recovery, take the tick away from Automatically restart and that`ll probably give you a BSOD and some information to work on rather than restart itself.

Jenny

3. davison1

davison1

You can perform Startup repair to resolve this issues. Restart your computer tapping on the F8 key until you reach the Advanced Boot Options menu and select Startup Repair.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/926281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice