1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Constant Nvidia driver BSOD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KittenKabob, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittenKabob

KittenKabob Thread Starter

Hey there, I'll try to give as much information as possible, so this may be pretty long, If I'm lacking specifications you need just let me know, I'm not currently using the laptop in question because it won't function for more than a couple minutes.

I have an Acer Aspire F5-572g-595M, i5-6200U, nVidia Geforce 920m as well as intel integrated graphics, it came with windows 10 on it, but I'm not sure if it was always running with windows 10 because it was a display model. Bought the laptop in July 2016, it was fine for about 3 months, then began freezing while playing video games or watching videos for a second, but not often enough for me to be concerned, less than once every few weeks, pretty much exactly on the 6 month mark, it began freezing so badly that there wasn't any way to get it to unfreeze without hard powering it off, couple days later, instead of freezing it would just bluescreen every couple hours so I called Acer, they made me do 2 disk checks, which took over 6 hours each but came up clean, reformat it twice, update drivers, by the time they took it for repairs two months had gone by, and my laptop didn't even boot anymore, it would just boot to the bluescreen or give me the blue repair options screen, they didn't repair it, just reformatted it and sent it back, obviously did nothing, since then they just tried to waste my time until my warranty ran out, and refused to actually fix it, in the mean time I've tried once again to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them multiple times, reformatted last monday, my computer was working fine until today because I had refrained from opening anything that would require my nvidia card, today it allowed me to play games for about 3 hours and then blue screened, and would bluescreen a couple minutes after restarting regardless of what I was doing on it, I could just have it sitting without anything open and it'll happen, so I used a third party program in safe mode to find and wipe any file related to both graphics cards, and reinstalled them using the files on acer's site (I have tried the drivers on both nvidia and intel's site too, no difference) did nothing, computer is still the same and I'm stumped and praying I didn't get a faulty card. The stop code is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_ Nvlddmkm.sys, willing to try anything at this point, I understand that changing the graphics card on a laptop isn't the easiest/best thing to do, so I really just want to make sure it's not a software issue before I consider it, I get no flashing or stuttering while playing any games, it just straight up blue screens.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Advise us what the exact SNID number and serial number is on that Acer laptop.
    Once we can confirm its identity and locate its support site, we should be able to confirm what hardware specs and Windows operating system came in it.

When not playing games in it, does it work okay?

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice