Constant Reboot and Serious Error Message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

texasclaw

For the past few weeks, my computer has automatically rebooted, restarting with a Serious Error message. I have installed all new drivers available and run Nortons programs, including Antivirus. I still get this problem on an intermittant basis. Help! :confused:

texasclaw

The Error says "Your computer has experienced a serious error, etc. (i don't know the exact wording, but will write it down the next time it happens). I am using Windows XP Home, have 512 MB memory, with an 80GB HD. I scan regularly with Adaware and SpyBot.

does it say something like this
System Has Recovered from a Serious Error

texasclaw

Lobos,

I downloaded the patch, but before I use it, I need to tell you that the computer cuts off and retoots without anything happing that was caused by me. I get this error:
Microsoft Windows

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signature

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : CFCFCFCFBCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : CFCFCFCF OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP: 0_0 Product : 768_1"

when the computer automatically reboots and when i reboot it myself sometimes.

Help!
"

texasclaw

No I do not have CD Creator 5.0. I downloaded new Video Drivers a couple of days ago, in fact I downloaded all new drivers that Microsoft Update found were needed. I still have the problem.

Do you mean you've installed the patch and it didn't help?

If so, go to C:\Windows> Minidump. Open the folder and delete all files in it.

Then press Winkey + Pause/Break (System Properties)> Advanced. Performance - Settings> Advanced. Virtual memory> change. Write down the Initial size and Maximum size in MB. Then select No Pagefile. Click 'Set'. OK out. Reboot.

Repeat the process and this time type in back the values you had copied down. Click 'Set'. OK out. Reboot.

texasclaw

I didn't install the patch, because it sounded like the patch was for when you get the message on regular reboot. And since I get it when the computer automatically reboots (whether I'm in Windows or whether I'm on the desktop) I wasn't sure if the patch fix was for me. Please clarify.

i dont tkink that patch is for you its for you im still looking
might be hardwhare how old is your system

any other help would be appreciated

texasclaw

My system was purchased in late 2001. Below is the system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name HERSCHEL
System Manufacturer SNC302EEH
System Model VIA_K7
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1466 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 062710, 10/08/2001
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Germany
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.0 (xpclient.010817-1148)"
User Name HERSCHEL\Herschel H. Lee
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 178.98 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.72 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.10 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Help!

texasclaw

Since I didn't get a reply from my last post, I installed the patch. Since that time my computer has not shut down and rebooted and the last time it was booted after the installation, the message was not there. Hopefully the problem is solved. If it happens again, I will send more info.

Thanks for all the help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online