1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Constant Win. 7 updates.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RandSon, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandSon

RandSon Thread Starter

My parents have a Asus Desktop, running Windows 7. And when ever they have problems I come and help them out, but the last time I went over they wanted me to help them stop the constant "Windows Updates" that were happening. It is not the "New Windows updates are ready to be installed" Bubble that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it is when you go to log off or shut down. There's a little icon next to the rectangle that says what you are about the do (Log off, restart, sleep or shutdown) That says windows needs to update. And when you shut down it stays "Please wait while windows intalles updates 1 of 1. Or something of that sort.

Now I have Win. 7 on my computer at home and of course I see that windows needs to update every few days but on my parents PC every time you shut the PC down it had to update. My parents shut there PC down every night, so its not like they have it on so long that it needs to be updated when ever they shut it down.

Most of the time it's 1 update that installs its self.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am pretty computer smart so don't worry about giving me advanced advice :) -Chris

2. mel8again

mel8again

Next time you are there, go to Window Update and see what's available and do it all at once. When it's done do it again as sometimes updates have updates.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice