1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Constantly freezing video stream

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bob_Scott365, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bob_Scott365

Bob_Scott365 Banned Thread Starter

I can get online but things seem to be a bit sticky and when I try 2 watch a stream film it's pointless because it freezes every 10 seconds for a minute or so. Don't think it's 2 serious really but somethings up. I'm a bit of a fiddler with the laptop so could easily have messed something up without really knowing what I'm doing. Please help?????????

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Please run this forum's sytem info utility.
    You will find a link when you click on the "NEW" button to start a thread, such as you did 5 min ago.

All videos, or some? If some, which web sites?
    Try to view a video at www.cnn.com

How do you connect to the internet; ethernet, wi fi, or other?

Please provide your laptop's brand, model & model #.

Which Firewall do you use?

Have you ever been able to view videos? If so, when did the problem begin? What changed? A W7 update; installation or removal of hardware or software? An update to Java or Adobe Flash Player?

Which versions of Java & AFP are installed?

RF123

3. Bob_Scott365

Wifi, HP pavilion g6, it's had a replacement hard drive but a good while ago. Zone alarm, Firewall, Avg antivirus for free. Yeah it was perfect, couldn't say exactly but something came with some software download of some kind. Had a conduitinstaller but I thought I got rid of it but it under, intel (r) it was hiding but says it's still about but can't find it. It seems glitchy and when i press for any site it takes a bit of time before it actually starts searching, just kind of sticky. Working but there's definitly something up.

4. Bob_Scott365

I watched 2 minute 9 second video about Amanda Knox and it buffered twice but just for a couple of seconds

5. Bob_Scott365

yeah that was a cnn video

6. Bob_Scott365

Java version 7 update 9. I've messed my computer up really my files are going everywhere when I download anything even the avg antivirus it never went to the desktop but into pictures, documents, videos and music,

7. Bob_Scott365

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6091 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1274 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476651 MB, Free - 366894 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 166F
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2013, Updated and Enabled

8. rainforest123

rainforest123

Did the onset of the problems you describe begin after
    ?

I like AVG, but there is no anti malware program that catches every piece of malware, every time. TechGuy.org's anti malware experts sometiems need to write unique scripts to remove malware.

RF123

9. Bob_Scott365

No the conduitinstaller is gone now. I think it started the streaming problems after i downloaded one of those fix things, that I now know I shouldn't bother with. Should I download some Malware????? (should I just throw this in a bucket and buy another, because if my streams stop every 10 seconds for 50 seconds it's not worth bothering, I only use it for watching films and streaming sports. I'm going 2 jump out the window if another sporting event I have money on freezes at a crucial moment) Or should I just buy a windows 7 disc online and start again??????? Or could you just give me your computer please lol????

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1094765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice