1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Con't of BLUE Screen...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr_yalC, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

Well ppl... A week or so ago I was having a prob loading Win2K on my svr rig.

So it turns out after sending my HD in which was a GOOD THING since I sent ina 2.5G HD to the manufacturer, and got a 6.4G for the cost of S&H, and the experiation date was 2/02....

But ANYWAYZ... I am STILL getting a BLUE SCREEn when I am trying to LOAD Win2K Svr....

I went in and DISABLED all the shadow memory and stuff and I am STILL stuck... WHAT GIVEZ???

Maybe Billy & Da Boyz have PLANTED a COPY/INSTALL COUNTER in the SW that in turn, MAKES it COUGH??? Like BACK in the OLD days when we USED to have to use a diskette???

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What message does the blue screen give you?

3. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

it keep saying to disable BIOS shadowing and cache.... so 1 by 1 I am trying to load, and RIGHT at this moment....

I have ALL cache and shadowing DISABLED, the OS (Win2K Svr) is loading but I am sure that after I load it again.. It is just going to get to the WELCOME TO WINDOWS screen and just SIT there and the loading bar is NOT going to move or when it does.. I bet it is going to turn blue for a few squares and then I am going to get the BLUE MEANIE again....

I have also gotten msg that says to remove any newly insalled hardware as well as something UP at the top that looks like some kinda physical address....

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You might pull out any add in cards you have, modem, sound card, nic, etc. until you get a good install. You may have a piece of hardware that isn't 2K compatible.

5. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

Well... Right now..... After going thru 1 by 1 disabling and changing Internal & External Cache, System BIOS Cache, to and from Enabled to Disabled, as well as C000/C400,16k Shadow from cache, to enabled, to disabled, in all combinations which led to BLUE SCREEN....

FINALLY I have been able to LOAD the 1st step of Win2K...

At 10pm:.... The BLUE KAPOOIE gave me:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190256,0xF71AF4A8,0xC019993F)
    NTFS_FILE SYSTEM

Beginning dump of pyhsical memory.....

I have DISABLED... C000,16k / C400,16k Shadow
    I have ENABLED ... C800,16k / CC00,16k Shadow...

As well have TAKEN out my NIC cardz...... And starting ALL over...

********************************************************************************************************

4:15am..... Start from scratch after getting a
    BLUIE KAPOOIE that stated INNACESSABLE BOOT DEVICE

4:25am..... Start over and WHAM.....
    *** STOP: 0x0000000A... blah blah blah....
    IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...Address 80466424 base at 80400000, DateStamp 384d5a76 - ntoskrnl.exe

4:27am..... DISABLED everything!!! Starting over...

6. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

10:30p and GUESS WHAT???

YUP YUP YUP!!! I got...

*** STOP: 0x0000001E 0000005,0x804475E4,0x0000000,0x00400510) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED...

*** ADDRESS 804475e base at 80400000, DateStamp 384d5a76 - ntoskrnl.exe

************* RETRYING ****************

10:39..... Nothing NEW!!!!

*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D,0x00000000 blah blah blah.... UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Giving UP for the night... Time to go to chat room and then play Half Life 'till I get sleepy.

7. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

4:35am..... BLUIE KAPOOIE.......
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED AREA... DateStamp 384d9b17 - ntoskrnl.exe....

Now going to try to load using FAT...

Tried a couple of times to get to the point to select NTFS or FAT format, and get the YOU KNOW WHAT... needless to say that I am now trying to decide between loading my shotgun or tossing out the window.

8. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

6:15am.....
    I have had a couple of the smae things go on THIS wee hour of the morning...

At this time what I have done was to unplug the rig, as well as take out the battery.... let sit for a few minutes, and then put, the battery and plug back in and picked up from WHERE I left off.

I am at the point of Server Set-Up... Installing devices, and I am
    HOPEFULL that ALL goes well now that I am past a point that I could NOT get to.

6:32am.....
    DAMMIT......UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.... Reset button... RESTARTING Windows Set-Up...

6:34am.....
    *** STOP: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT ... RESETTING

6:42.....
    After a few more BLUE MEANIES... I give up. maybe the cd I am using is BURNT UP.... Going to try to find another copy after I wake up...

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice