1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Contact Form Issues

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by EspressoBean, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EspressoBean

EspressoBean Thread Starter

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

Woops:oops:My bad - please change
    PHP:
    header("Location: contactus.html");
    to
    PHP:
    header("Location: contactus.php");

3. EspressoBean

Now it is just saying:

Sorry, the verification code wasn't entered correctly. Try again.

Regardless of what is inputted. Not sure why though since I inputted it correctly.

4. JiminSA

JiminSA

I also have no idea why it is not accepting valid entries. I do see that it is 'requiring' (require_once) a file called recaptchalib.php, which has to be in the same folder as your processing.php - if you could check that that is the case? (If it is missing, then I would expect the response that we are currently getting).

5. EspressoBean

It is in the same directory.

6. JiminSA

JiminSA

All I can suggest, is that you make sure that the Captcha script you are using links up correctly - it's not the script you started off with, 3 pages back and should be double checked for continuity ...
    Apart from the Captcha, I believe that your original question has been answered. This thread should be closed. If you can't solve the Captcha issue, make a new thread.

7. EspressoBean

8. EspressoBean

I had made changes to the location page because it was trying to find the file in the php directory when it should look in the directory one level above.

9. JiminSA

JiminSA

What is 'the key'?
    You received this 'success' message, because whatever you did to correct the Captcha allowed the form to be processed and the 'success' session variable to be set.
    If you exit your browser and resubmit the form you should see a smooth run ...
    Just a suggestion - to make the success message more professional why not change this html
    HTML:
     <div class="bs-callout bs-callout-info">
         <h4>Succcess!</h4>
         <p>An email has been sent :)</p>
     </div>

to
    HTML:
     <div class="bs-callout bs-callout-info">
        <i role="button" class="btn btn-info btn-lg">Success! - An email has been sent</i>
     </div>

... which utilises bootstrap's built-in button styling;)

10. EspressoBean

11. JiminSA

JiminSA

Why do you not keep it simple and have your root directory contain your most recent updates? Why bother splitting off the contactus.php into the sub-directory 'contactform01' - it's a recipe for confusion and broken links ... KISS;)

12. EspressoBean

Cause polarpos.com isn't a dummy domain but that directory is just for testing.

Even if I do move it to the root directory, the function is still the same. It doesn't work, either it says that the message has been sent and the contact form itself is dropped without being ever filled out or it errors out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  13. JiminSA

JiminSA

As of now it is not finding processing.php in the root folder - try changing:
    HTML:
    <form name="contactForm" id="contactForm" action="/processing.php" method="POST" data-parsley-validate>
    to:
    HTML:
    <form name="contactForm" id="contactForm" action="processing.php" method="POST" data-parsley-validate>

14. EspressoBean

Ok now it sends the message but when it is successful it just shows a blank page.

15. JiminSA

JiminSA

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183468