1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Contact list/address book

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dmrandagk, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmrandagk

dmrandagk Thread Starter

I have my contacts list in Web mail and would like to transfer (export or import) it to Windows Mail (pop mail). Can you help with this?

2. vicks

vicks

This is what I found when I clicked on the blue question mark it the top right hand corner of windows live mail:
    Windows Live Hotmail Full

Ask Instant Help
    Guided help 24x7.
    Help topics (3)
    Import contacts
    How do I organize my contacts?
    How do I add my e-mail account from Microsoft Outlook?

FAQ
    Table of contents Windows Live HelpBackForward Print
    Import contacts
    With the Windows Live Contacts Importer, you can import contacts from another e-mail program or service. You can also import contacts from a file. When you import a contact that already exists, you can merge the duplicate contact information.
    Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail website with your Windows Live ID (The user name and password that you use to sign in to any Windows Live, MSN, or Office Live sites and services. If you have a Passport Network, Hotmail, or Messenger account, you can use it as your Windows Live ID.) .
    In the upper-right corner of the page, click Options, and then click More options.
    Under Customize your contacts, click Import contacts.
    Do one of the following: Use Windows Live Contacts Importer
    Click Download and run Contacts Importer.
    When prompted to run or save the file, click Run.
    When prompted to run the software, click Run.
    Follow the steps in the Contacts Importer wizard.
    Note
    You can use Contacts Importer to import contacts only from Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express.

Import contacts from a file
    Select the e-mail program or service that you want to import your contacts from.
    To find the file that you want to import, click Browse.
    Locate the file, and then click Open.
    Click Import contacts.
    Note
    Before you can import your contacts into Windows Live Hotmail, you must first export them to a file from your other e-mail program or service.

Notes
    After you run the Contacts Importer wizard, you must refresh your browser page or sign out of your account and then sign back in before your imported contacts will appear.
    If you use a browser other than Windows Internet Explorer, you must save the Contacts Importer to your computer before you can run it.
    Hope this helps answer your question. You may need to check the help menu at your web mail to see how to export the list...
    vicks

3. dmrandagk

dmrandagk Thread Starter

Thanks Vicks for your help. I have printed and will have a go. Ta

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/731090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice