1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Contacts in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by johnsmith1758, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnsmith1758

johnsmith1758 Thread Starter

Hi all.

I am using Outlook 2003 at work, and I have a small difficulty with it that is beginning to niggle a little bit.

I have activated the 'Check Names' function, so that I only need to type the first couple of letters of a contacts' name or email address to bring up a drop-down list of all the people I've emailed whose details begin with those letters.

However, these lists are cluttered with people I have emailed once or twice about six months ago. I no longer need these people's details in the drop-down list, but can't find any way of removing their details from the list. With all these additional contacts it makes it almost as time consuming as typing the whole email address.

Does anybody know how I can remove these additional details, and thus cut down the size of the lists, and make it quicker to select the relevant contact?

Any help with this would be great.

Cheers

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Does this hhelp :

To delete stored e-mail addresses from the drop-down box, simply use the arrow keys to select the e-mail address you want to delete, and then press DELETE.

3. johnsmith1758

johnsmith1758 Thread Starter

That's so simple, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself!

Thank you very much!

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Your welcome !!

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

The Nickname Cache is used by Outlook for automatic name checking and the automatic completion. If you want to clear the cache with the list of names that Outlook shows when sending an e-mail

1. Close Outlook
    2. Start the Windows Explorer
    3. With the focus on the root of the C: drive, search for *.nick (Outlook2000) or *.NK2 (Outlook2002 or newer)
    4. You will find a file that starts with your profile name
    5. Rename this file
    6. Restart Outlook
    7. Outlook will start rebuilding the file over again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice