1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Content Encoding Error

Discussion in 'Site Help & Feedback' started by Ent, Jun 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

Every so often for the past few days I've been getting the error message (also shown in the screenshot):

Content Encoding Error
    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

It's an intermittent problem and generally sorts itself out when I refresh the page. I cannot determine what is causing it, nor whether it is specific to my browser (Firefox 12.0).

Attached Files:

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Mike Administrator

Thanks for the heads up! Has anyone else noticed this issue? If so, please report what page you were trying to view and which browser you use. It may also be helpful to include which server you are on when you refresh. Thanks!

3. Ent

When I refreshed after the error, I was on Server 2. I'll see whether that's the case consistently.
    Since no-one else is reporting the problem however, I'm starting to think it's probably just something odd with my set-up.

4. TechGuy

Have you tried upgrading to the latest Firefox? Not that it's related, but I noticed you mentioned v12 in the original post.

5. Ent

That's a good point actually. I've now done so, so I'll see whether the issue disappears.

6. Ent

Nope. Got the same error again of FF 13.1.
    Oh well.

7. TechGuy

Is it only happening in Firefox? What antivirus, firewall, etc do you have that might be between your browser and our connection?

(FYI, I'm out of town this week, so I won't be checking in as often as usual. Please take no offense at slower than usual replies! ;) )

8. Ent

I only use firefox.
    It really doesn't really matter if no-one else is having the problem, certainly not enough to try to diagnose so intermittent a fault.

9. sepala

sepala

On latest firefox, latest crome, no problem

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058114