1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Continually flashing power light on printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mailman42, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mailman42

mailman42 Thread Starter

:confused: Help! After sucessfully using my A920 Dell All-in-One printer for two years with Dimension 4600 XP, I am now receiving the "printer cannot communicate with computer" message. This change occurred in the midst of a printing project. The power light continually flashes (this is not a jammed, out-of-paper, etc. warning). The driver has been uninstalled & then reinstalled several times, cable & power cords have been checked, unplugged & replugged multiple times. Could this indicate that the printer is just worn out? Thanks for any ideas.

2. mongo_nc

mongo_nc

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

One thing many people forget is when the printer jammed, did you right click the printing icon in the tray and delete or cancel the failed printing projects? You can delete the printer in Control panel Printers, and I would and then add a new printer and reinstall software, but unless you kill the print job, nothing will work.

4. mailman42

mailman42 Thread Starter

Problem solved. Thanks so much!

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Great glad you got it!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/618562