1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Continually Viewing an Older Website, why?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Avenir, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Avenir

Avenir Thread Starter

Hi there. This is a problem that has been driving me absolutely insane in the last several days.

So, I was asked to make a new website, which I did. Last Wednesday (feb. 2), the DNS information for that site was changed to the new server, so eventually the new page should have shown up. And, for the most part, everyone I know has said that it has. But, NOT for me! For some reason, my own computer STILL sees the old site, no matter what I do. It shows up in MIE and in Firefox.

I've deleted all my temporary files, cookies, everything. That didn't work. So then I reformatted my entire hard drive. I got the new site for a day, butnow I open it up this afternoon, and I'm back to seeing the old one, while everyone else STILL sees the new one. HOW is this possible? What in the world can I do to fix it?

Thanks for your help!
    Avenir

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    normally I would say your just seeing cache - but .......

try refresh but also hold down the (sorry cant remember which one ) Control or shift - that has worked for me refreshing from the server

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Probably a matter of the DNS server that your ISP uses. Some take an eon to update, and if they have to do a database restore, the old ones could have been replaced.

You should talk to the ISP before you blame your system.

4. Avenir

Avenir Thread Starter

Amusingly, my webspace provider suggested the same thing, and when I phone tech support of my ISP, they absolutely positively vehemontly refused that it was their problem. Even after arguing with 'em for a while.

Ave.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice