1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Continues Re-starts! Grrrr!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mostprecious, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mostprecious

mostprecious Thread Starter

I am having problems with my computer,,, first of all all windows updates are current all virus definitions are current... When my computer restarts on its own i get a message that my computer has recovered from a serious error.. I also get the following...
    ---
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini092203.dmp
    C:\Docume~1\Linda\Locals~1\Temp\Wer3.temp\sysdata.xml

-------------
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

2. mobo

mobo

one thing you can do would be control panel/ system/ advanced tab / startup and recovery/ and untick the "automatic restart box"

Perhaps you will get a better error code or description for us to look at..

3. Anton Wan

Anton Wan

a minidump is created by Windows XP/2003.net when your computer crashes by dumping the information contained the RAM and/or your system cache to a check (log) file. Different settings cause different things to be done with the file, for XP nothing beyond crearting a log will happen.

For 99.999999% of people its completly useless... its not something to worry about either, next time you reboot the file SHOULD be erased, or windows will do it when you clean up a drive. It written into the Windows system files so trying to remove it is probably not a good idea.

Windows 2000 (pro and server) does more or less the same thing but calls it a RAMdump or SysDump depending on the type of failure.

Here is a tool that might help you troubleshoot the problem:

Minidump tool

4. mostprecious

I also get this garble..

ERROR SIGNATURE

BCCode:d1 BCP1: 0000F6E0 BCP2:00000002 BCP300000000

BCP4:0000F6E0

OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 0_0 Product : 768_1

5. mostprecious

NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN POSTING HERE, I HAVE BEEN GETTING THE BOGUS EMAILS FROM MICROSOFT WHICH HAS A VIRUS IN IT, BUT THANKS TO NORTONS, IT CAUGHT IT

6. mobo

mobo

I would say its either bad memory or needs reseating or you do infact have a virus. Try a scan Here first before going on.

7. mobo

mobo

In addition if this is a heat issue try removing the case side to see if it continues to crash..

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice