1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Continuous Internet Connectivity Issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by thegreekgod72, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreekgod72

thegreekgod72 Thread Starter

I have a hard wired Dell Studio with Windows Vista. The connection is directly from the cable to the cable modem to the computer so there is no router. I have an issue with keeping a constant connection. It will connect for a minute, not connect the next. It never keeps an ongoing constant connection. The internet works perfectly fine in safe mode with networking which leads me to believe it is a software issue. I have uninstalled the antivirus, turned off the firewall, uninstalled all programs installed after I bought the computer, and still no luck. I have went through many troubleshooting to no avail. I also have used a different computer, modem, ISP, ethernet cord as well. All other computers work fine except this one which also leads me to believe its the computer not the cable provider. This is really difficult to use a webcam over the internet as it closes out all the time due to lack of connection. Any ideas/help is greatly appreciated.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. thegreekgod72

thegreekgod72 Thread Starter

will do tonight. let you know what i find.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice