1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Control Panel Internet Options Icon has no label

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LordLiverpool, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordLiverpool

LordLiverpool Thread Starter

Hi guys. I have a strange problem. I've seen lots of people complaining about the Internet Options Control Panel icon vanishing, but in my case I still have it, but the label has vanished (image attached).

The internet options item is still available in Internet Explorer, and in both cases the options dialog appears as normal. I have IE7 but a few weeks ago I installed and then uninstalled IE8. I wonder if that could be the culprit (I hadn't noticed the Control Panel problem before today.)

I checked the registry entry at:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{A3DD4F92-658A-410F-84FD-6FBBBEF2FFFE}

and couldn't see anything obviously wrong. The "LocalizedString" entry seems a likely candidate for giving the control panel title.

I don't believe I have a malware problem. I keep my system pretty well protected and clean.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice