1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Control Panel Multimedia Lock ups

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by j_wilk, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j_wilk

j_wilk Thread Starter

I'm working with an AMD K6-333 w/ 64 MB RAM and WIN98 also running TweakUI and I'm having lockup problems working with Audio CD's or just opening and closing the Multimedia control panel. It locks up to the point that Ctrl-Alt-Del will not do anything. Here's what I've tried:
    - Upgrading to Win98SE
    - Removing and Reinstalling sound drivers (Integrated Crystal CS4235)
    - Tried a different sound card
    - updating virus protection and checking for viruses
    - going into safe mode - device manager and occurances of sound
    - Add/remove programs - Windows Setup - remove multimedia and reinstall
    - tried a different cd rom drive
    - ran system file checker

Sound seems to work fine with .wav files. I would think that if it were a corrupt file associated with Multimedia then upgrading to Win98 SE would have fixed it. I'm thinking a registry problem but not sure. Formatting is not an option.

Got any ideas?

closing duplicate, view this thread http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=63367

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice