1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

control panel problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lcartree, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcartree

lcartree Thread Starter

I have been working on a PC that was going incredibly slow. I deleted some spyware and a virus (Download.Trojan). Now my control panel won't come up. I am also unable to do a search on the hard drive for certain files. I also can't cut and paste. I did delete some files (Gator, msbb, etc) from the Registry. Can anyone tell me what happened? And if there is an easy fix?

2. ldcxd36

ldcxd36

the best home remedy I can suggest

1. Try a system restore. Windows XP sets restore points for itself provided you havent turned off the feature. It can be found in Accessories ---> then System tools.

Restore to before you deleted files etc and changed the registry.

Failing thatm the deleted information from your registry may have already been written over, and therefore you will need to do a fresh install of Windows XP

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!