Control Panel - Regional Settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

falconhawk

Please help! I am American, speaking only English. My Regioanl settings, in addition to the buttons in the Close Programs Window, displays in Swedish. Also, when I have an error (for example, a Kernl32.dll error) THAT screen is completely in Swedish. I ran multiple spyware programs (adware, spybot, xoftspy, and spysubtract), virus programs (ZoneAlarms, pandasoft, f-secure, and tds-3), and registry fix programs (registry mechanic and registryfix) to no avail. I went into Control Panel -> Regional Settings and the settings say "Engelska (amerikansk)". Any suggestions? I saw the assisstance someone else received from this site, someone having a similar problem with Office 2000. I am running Windows 98SE 4.10.2222 A.

Thanks.

Just to clear up a point, you say you went into Regional Settings where it says 'Engelska (amerikansk)'.

Did you attempt to change that setting to 'English (United States)'--or whatever--from the pulldown menu in the Regional Settings window?

falconhawk

Thanks for the suggestion Beefy but 'English (United States)' is not a choice....this closest match is "Engelska (amerikansk)". All of the choices in the pull down menu of Regional Settings are in Swedish. Any other suggestions?

Is there a way to check/change the language in the Windows Registry?
Thnaks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online