1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

control panel

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by PatBW, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PatBW

PatBW Thread Starter

I have windowsXP.. When I went to a site that was for cleaning up viruses, spyware and /or whatever,, it asked to 'extract my files' before doing so , so I clicked on yes.. I had been searching for anything to enable my music in the pc to be heard in a music chatroom in Paltalk.com ..program, which I haven't been able to do. After leaving this PCMightyMax site, I found that my control panel had been extracted or was missing.Now I can't access it no matter what I do. I wanted to get rid of my cookies and temp. files and I'm not sure how to get to it , if I can. With my limited knowlege of the workings of this pc I messed things up. It's been to a repair shop and they did solve a few things and cleaned up problems but still can't get my music played into the paltalk music room or find my control panel, for starters. Hope I've made things clear:confused: :confused:

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

When you click on Control Panel (If it is there) does it just show a blank screen no Icons on it?

3. PatBW

PatBW Thread Starter

there is no listing of control panel when i go to the start button to settings where control panel is usually there. that file was probably extracted, can I get it back?

4. PatBW

PatBW Thread Starter

Is this a subscription, (paying site), or is it free?
    PatBW

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Try System Restore to a date when it was working.....first thing to try.

Not sure how let us know.

6. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!