Control panel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

callie

I am running windows ME. I would like to know how to remove icons form the control pannel.

You should be able to go to c:\windows\system, find the control panel icon that you want to remove, the file extension will be .cpl.

select it, right click, select rename, change the extension to .old.
should be gone, any problems, just change the extension back to .cpl

You can get a program freeware from tucows.com called TWEAK UI or Tweak User Interface
It is a zip file so unzip it into your windows and windows system drive then go into control panel and click on TWEAK UI then go to control panel and click the check boxes off the items you dont want on the control panel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online