1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Control Startup Programs for Individual Users

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jcdv, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcdv

jcdv Thread Starter

I understand how to use MsConfig and the like... here is my problem followed by the question...

I have 3 User Accounts for Windows XP. On one user account, I wish for NOTHING except for Windows XP resources to be loaded. This means the McAffee Security Center, NVidia Sound Mixer, HP and Epson Printer Software Monitors, etc... The reason being, I need ALL resources available for this one user account for performing video capture which needs all resources available. I then switch to normal account once all is captured.

So my question... How can I make ALL loaded programs NOT load on startup for this one user account??? If I disable them in MsConfig when logged in on that one account, when I switch users and/or reboot, they are also disabled for the other users.

Thanks!
    Jerome :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!