1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert a jpeg file to dst

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Montecarlo01, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Montecarlo01

Montecarlo01 Thread Starter

Hello, I am looking for someone who is able to help me convert a logo I have from a jpeg file to a dst file so that a company I deal with can embroider my shirts. Thanks so much, I will include the file for anyone who can do this, all the best, Montecarlo01.
    [​IMG] GB embroidery.jpg (212.7 KB)

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Montecarlo01, and welcome to TSG.

I am going to ask a mod to move this thread to our Software & Hardware > Digital Photography & Imaging forum. The General Technology > Tech Tips & Tricks forum is for sharing interesting tips and tricks with other members.

3. Montecarlo01

Thanks

4. Montecarlo01

I'm hoping Noyb can help me, he looks like the person to ask, thanks in advance!

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Those are pictures of an embroidery pattern ... They've already been digitized.
    Try contacting the Gordie Burns Golf School for the pattern or products

6. Montecarlo01

Thanks Noyb...I am GB, so I have the pattern, I just wasn't sure that this file was sufficient for Titleist to use. I'll let you know if this is good enough, thanks for your quick reply and help.

7. SignalPunch

SignalPunch

They ARE screen shots of color versions of the same designs but did you receive any type of embroidery file or just a quote with this set of screen shots? Is Titleist going to be stamping golf balls or tees or sewing your logo on shirts or towels?

8. Montecarlo01

Titleist is going to be sewing the logos on shirts and they asked me to provide them a file that ends in dst, that's all I know, and I also know that I don't have a file that ends in dst, just jpeg and ai, and neither of those are sufficient. What do I need to do? Thanks so much, MC

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    The attached embroidery patterns were probably made from a dst files .... Where did they go ???
    Who did the sewing for these logos ????
    If you can't find them, They will need to be digitized again .. (re-created)
    Duane will probably need better pictures to work with ... Do you have better pictures ???

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      71.9 KB
      Views:
  10. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Are your jpeg or ai files anything like these ???? ... Duane (SignalPunch) will probably need something like these to work from.

Attached Files:

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      57 KB
      Views:
    • 222.jpg
      222.jpg
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
  11. SignalPunch

SignalPunch

The AI file would be useful in creating your logo as an embroidery file. But - where did the JPG with the several versions come from? It appears that someone worked it up in the same digitizing software that I use and would be able to provide the DST file and color chart for Titleist. I make my screen shots differently but the little red crosshair in the centers of the images tells me someone has done the work, probably for a quote.

If so, you would be better served to proceed with allowing them to provide your file. It won't be free but you will get a professional result which is better for your company image.

12. Montecarlo01

I think these are better pictures to work with. Hollas did the digitizing for the other patterns, I don't have or seem to be able to find them anywhere if I do have them...cheers, MC
    [​IMG] GBurnsGolfSchool Logo V2 (2).zip (285.8 KB)

Attached Files:

13. Montecarlo01

Also here is the ai one if that works better. Thx

Attached Files:

14. Montecarlo01

All is good, Titleist is digitizing them for me for $40, well worth it, thanks for your input I appreciate it. MC

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice