1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert a Palm PDB file to a Windows-readable file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Alex Ethridge, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I have a sound file in Palm PDB format created in the Palm Voice Memo program. I moved it from the Palm device to the Windows desktop PC. Problem is I cannot find any way to convert this to any format readable by the Windows system.

I moved the file from the Palm's internal memory to its SD card because the Palm Voice Memo application would not allow it to be copied to the SD card so now it is no longer in the Palm's internal memory, neither can it be put back into the Palm's internal memory in any way that the Voice Memo program can recognize it.

If I could get it back into the Palm's Voice Memo program, I could at least play it; but, it is more desirable to just convert it from PDB to WAV or MP3 or any other Windows format.

I've been working on this problem off and on for several weeks and have no solution. I would even be willing to pay someone to do it for me if anyone can.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

After weeks of off-and-on trying, I finally used a combination of words in Google that got me to a solution and I'm posting it here in the event someone else might need to do the same thing:

How to Convert PDB to MP3

Programs needed:
    • Clie Picture Converter
    • Mobile Media Converter
    Both are freeware programs downloadable from the internet.

Go to your Palm data folder on your PC. Something like
    C:\Program Files\Palm\[user-name]\Backup

You'll find files like [xxxxxxxxxxxx]_Vpad.pdb

These are the VoicePad files.

Copy the files you need to a temporary folder

Open Clie Picture Converter, and drag the files from the temporary folder to the Clie Picture Converter window.

New files with .JPG extension will appear in the temporary folder.

Rename these *.JPG files to *.AMR files.

use Mobile Media Converter to convert the .AMR files to .MP3 files.

This is what worked for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice